Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a condition of neurodiversity that affects approximately 5% of adults in the U.S. While each person's experience of ADHD is unique, it causes difficulties that include (but are not limited to) working memory, time management, emotion regulation, organization, attention, and hyperfocus. Many adults with ADHD may, at times, also experience challenges in job satisfaction, work performance, and/or relationships. At the same time, talents and aptitudes arise from ADHD, which can be capitalized upon in certain professions and in one’s home environment.
If you have been diagnosed with ADHD or believe you might have ADHD, KGA is here to help. Our Licensed Counselors can assist in the following ways:
- Offer emotional support, especially when confidence and self-esteem are impacted
- Provide a counseling referral and/or information about support groups
- Identify practitioners who offer medication evaluation & management and Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Share educational information related to strategies for managing ADHD
- Connect you with a Professional Career Coach to explore professions that play to the strengths of ADHD
How do I begin?
You can contact KGA the following ways:
Self-Schedule: You can arrange to receive a call from one of our Licensed Counselors using the calendar below.