The big move-out day approaches quickly. Many parents report conflicting feelings of excitement and anxiety for their teen. Both are normal. Having anxiety about the move, your teen’s wellbeing and life without them at home are all usual feelings. Self-preparation often involves addressing questions such as:
- How should I communicate with my teen while they are in college? How will I know if they are okay?
- How does my parenting need to change starting now and once my teen is at college for them to develop into an independent adult?
- What changes are likely to occur for my teen and how do I respond?
- What changes are likely to happen at home because my teen is away at college?
If these or related questions feel relevant to you, consider working through them with an expert. Book an initial 30-minute conversation with one of our counselors at your convenience.
How do I begin?
You can contact KGA the following ways:
- Schedule a consultation using the calendar below at a time convenient for you.
- Phone: 800-648-9557
- Email: email@example.com