When thinking about sleep it is important to make good choices to contribute towards a balanced and healthy life.
With 50-70 million US adults having a sleep disorder, a lot of adults don't know where to begin when it comes to their sleep. Why not begin your sleep wellness journey today?
The critical choices we are faced with are:
- Sleep loves regularity. The more regular the sleep/wake schedule the better sleep responds
- Getting lots of light when up and out of bed and then much less light in the evening deepens our sleep quality
- Keeping alcohol consumption and big meals as far from sleep as possible makes sleep deeper and less interrupted
The steps that are needed:
- Receive assistance from a sleep coach and use their suggestions as though you are experimenting
- Keep the changes that make a positive difference in your sleep and then reinforce those habit changes.
- Getting over that first barrier of recognizing that you may have a sleep issue
The bumps and roadblocks that you are faced with are:
- Changing your sleep schedule can be difficult due to already having a bad habit with your current sleep schedule
- Understanding your body needs time to adapt to your new sleep habits
- Creating an environment that you're able to gain a consistent sleep pattern